Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Faith Novel - Part 9



Vol 1 excerpts – Part IX

I’ve added a section just for Faith novel translations. I’ll just add to that page once I have posted new excerpts. So if you guys wanna read all the excerpts in one go, just click on that page.

This part comes before Eun Soo barges into the Woodalchi base to check on Choi Young’s wound…
Eun Soo’s point of view:

The day was going to end, yet there was still no news from that Psycho. I had nothing to do, so I was prowling around the medical department. Why is he not coming? My high heels were ruined so I couldn’t wear them. Thus, my pants keep touching the ground. I looked for a pair of scissors and when I found one, I started to cut my pants. After I was done, it had become short pants.
Why is he not coming? I can’t go sulking to Jang Bin again. This can’t go on. I’ll have to find my way to him. Just waiting like that is not my style. I grabbed my bag and left the medical department.

Choi Young’s point-of-view:
I saw Choong Seok looked towards the entrance. One by one, the Woodalchi started to stare at the entrance. Dol Bae was about to whistle but stopped himself. I looked in the direction of the entrance. Standing at the entrance and entering into the hall was the heavenly doctor. But her pants…they were cut to the thigh and below that…

Askance, I rose from my sleeping position and sat up, unable to believe I was seeing. I think this was the first time I was encountering this kind of situation. In a place with many men, the base of Woodalchi, the heavenly woman walked in, her legs all bare. I know what was going on in the minds of my men as they stared at her…what kind of thoughts they had… At the thought of that, I started to feel dizzy. The heavenly woman ignored all the stares, her eyes searched around and her gaze finally landed directly on me.

Eun Soo’s point of view:
From the second I saw him, my heart felt as it had taken a deep drop. He was there. Though my heart felt it was squeezing in from all over, he was sitting there looking fine. No, he didn’t look fine. His expression was dark, but he looked as if he was dying. He didn’t know how worried I was. I was so worried he had collapsed somewhere alone, with no around, and without anyone knowing. I needed time to let my heart go back to normal and also because I feared that he would reject me again, I decided to talk in a light, casual tone.
“When I was a resident intern, there was one I learnt that I liked. That patients would come and find me by themselves. I didn’t have to go and find them.”
He didn’t move a muscle, and just sat up there and stared down at me. The thought of climbing up to get to him was painful. Coming all the way here to find him was already considered a reckless idea, I was thinking whether to back off.
“Please come down here for awhile.”
He didn’t say anything and just continued staring at me.
“Didn’t you hear me? I said to come down for awhile. And please take off your shirt.”
He didn’t react all, but I heard gasps behind me.
I wasn’t going to turn around. I just had to do my job as a doctor for a little longer, thought it felt a little dangerous. Therefore I had no choice – I reluctantly climbed up to where he was. He didn’t want to come to me? Fine, then I’ll go to him. No big deal.

 

When I reached his side, I tried to catch hold of his wrist, but he slapped my hand away. his touch felt very unkind. Without realising, I jerked up my head to look at him. I just had to do my job as a doctor, I had to be calm. The problem was my wounded patient. He didn’t look as if he was going to survive and live for long. I hugged my bag tightly, with my breath hitched, I asked him again.
“I’m not going to hold your hand. I just want to take your pulse. I won’t hold your hand, so don’t worry.”
I reached for his wrist again, but he avoided me and stood up…
Choi Young goes on to reprimand his men for letting her into their quarters and he starts to head towards the door, intending to leave…
Eun Soo’s point of view:
All the time he was scolding his men, not once did he turn around and look at me. From the moment we got onto the boat to get here, from the time we got off the boat until now, he never looked straight at me even once at all. When I talked to him, he ignored him. When I try to touch his hand, I get hit. I walked down the stairs, threw my bag in his direction and screamed at him.
“You crazy bastard! What did I do so wrong?”
He turned around.
“I was someone who was living and eat well. You caught and brought me here!”
Everything that was in my bag had fallen out. He simply started to pick up the things. He was looking at me with a shocked expression in his eyes. He looked almost child-like at the moment. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I told myself I couldn’t cry. But when I talked, I could hear the tears in my voice.
Eun Soo goes on to say how much she misses her world and how mistreated she has felt by him…
Choi Young’s point of view:
The heavenly woman started coming towards me again. I didn’t know what to do and just watched as she came towards to me. I started to go off again. But she kept coming towards me…
I couldn’t translate this scene in one post…way too much feelings and emotions flying around between the two of them. But I’ll finish up this scene in my next post then it will on to Volume 2!

To be continued..

Al credit goes to :   http://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/faith-translations/

No comments:

Nuffnang Ads